This article explain how to create a booteable USB stick to flash an EFI flasheable file under DOS enviroment.
- Insydeh2o 1.15 Bios Download
- Insydeh20 Bios Update Download
- Insydeh20 Bios Update Hp Download
- Insydeh20 Bios Download Free
I have a Lenovo IdeaPad N581, Bios InsydeH20 Rev. 3.7 – Bios Type 5ECN42WW (V4.01), My machine runs with windows 7 64bit. I can’t access to the ADVANCED menu of the bios, so my memory is running 800Mhz instead of 1333Mhz, and I cant do other things. The 'BIOS Advanced Settings HIDDEN (InsydeH20 v1.47' or similar that you are after, need an intricate and complicated mod(s) of a BIOS and you will need experience, expertise and specialised tools to achieve these mod e.g. And like a flash programmer, such as a CH341A and a SOIC8 test clip cable (that you need experience in using) and to be.
Is my EFI InsydeH2O?
The easiest way to figure that is looking on the 'BIOS POST Screen' for this image:
Step 0 - Preparing the work enviroment
- You must create a folder on your desktop to use it as workspace. I will use one named 'Toolbox'.
- Your current Windows user account must have administrator rights.
- You must have the Windows based executable file that contains the EFI flasheable file. If you don't have one, enter to Support Website page and get one for your computer. I will use one named 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE.EXE'.
- Step 0 done.
Step 1 - Preparing working tools
- Download and install 7-Zip.
- Download 'HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool' here. Save this file inside 'Toolbox' folder.
- Download 'DOS Files' here. Save this file inside 'Toolbox' folder.
- Download 'Flash It Tool' here. Save this file inside 'Toolbox' folder.
- Extract files downloaded in 2, 3 and 4. A folder will be created for each extracted ZIP file.
- Step 1 done.
Step 2 - Creating a booteable USB stick
- Connect your USB stick. Make a backup of it contents if necessary.
- Open 'HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool' folder and execute 'HPUSBFW.EXE' with administrator rights.
- Follow these easy steps as shown below:
- Search and select 'DOS Files' folder:
- Click on 'Accept' button and then click on 'Start' button to initiate the process.
- A warning window appears. Click on 'Yes' button and wait until the entire process is completed.
- Click on 'Accept' button to close the summary window and then click on 'Close' button to close the application.
- Step 2 done.
Step 3 - Copying the flashing tool
- Open 'Flash It Tool' folder.
- Select all files and copy them to the root directory of your USB stick.
- Step 3 done.
Step 4 - Extracting the Windows based EFI update package
- Copy 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE.EXE' file to your 'Toolbox' folder.
- Secondary click (left click) on 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE.EXE'.
- Select '7-Zip', then select 'Extract to 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE'.
- A new folder named 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE' will be created with files inside.
- Open 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE' folder and open 'platform.ini' file. It's important to keep this file open.
- Step 4 done.
Insydeh2o 1.15 Bios Download
Step 5 - Finding the flasheable EFI file
- In 'platform.ini' file, search for the section called '[FDFile]'.
- Look for the 'FileName' attribute. This attribute sets the flasheable EFI file name.
- Look inside your 'EFIUPDATEPACKAGE' folder for that file, and rename it to 'FLASHME.ROM'.
- Copy 'FLASHME.ROM' file to the root directory of your USB stick.
- Step 5 done.
Insydeh20 Bios Update Download
Step 6 - Setting the computer platform
- Look inside your USB stick and open the 'IDS.id' file with a plain text editor (notepad is enough).
- In 'platform.ini' file, search for the section called '[Platform_Check]'.
- Copy each 'PlatformName' attribute (only if it have a non-empty value) to 'IDS.id' file.
- Saves changes to IDS.id file.
- Step 6 done.
Step 7 - Finishing
- Close all files and folders opened.
- Remove securely your USB stick.
- Step 7 done.
Insydeh20 Bios Update Hp Download
Appendix A - Flash It Tool parameters established
/U /S /G /V /ALL /PMCAF:IDS.id
Appendix B - Flash It Tool parameters
|/U||Show confirm message|
|/N||Do not reboot after flash|
|/S||Shutdown after flash|
|/G||Save current BIOS to file|
|/AC||Do not check AC plug in|
|/AB||Check battery life percent|
|/MC||Skip all platform model check|
|/PQ||Query ROM protection MAP in current ROM|
|/I:String||Update logo (need Himem.sys)|
|/O:String||Output file (Must use with /I)|
|/LG:String||Logo GUID; update small logo required (must use with /I)|
|/B||Flash PEI volume|
|/E: Offset(Hex), Size(Hex), Address(Hex)||Update fix size from file offset to physical address|
|/FM||Flash CPU Microcode|
|/FN||Flash OEM NVS|
|/FT:value||Flash OEM special type|
|/LF||Load Fd file by another floopy disk|
|/PS||Flash SPI flash part|
|/PN||Flash non-SPI flash part|
|/V||Verify file integrity|
|/WV:String||Write variable to new string|
|/WU:String||Write variable (UNICODE)|
|/1||Save current BIOS to file (1Mbits from memory)|
|/2||Save current BIOS to file (2Mbits from memory)|
|/4||Save current BIOS to file (4Mbits from memory)|
|/8||Save current BIOS to file (8Mbits from memory)|
|/DI||Disable ID display|
|/RB:Filename||Read variable (to a binary file)|
|/WB:Filename||Write variable (from a binary file)|
|/UU:String||Compare UUID with current BIOS|
|/SE:String||Compare serial number with current BIOS|
|/GU:String||Compare GUID with current BIOS|
|/PMCA:ModelName||Used to check Platform model name|
|/PMCAF:FileName||Used to check Platform model name inside FileName|
Insydeh20 Bios Download Free
American Megatrends Inc. BIOS UEFI Utilities. Desktop Management Interface Edit DMIEditDMIEdit is a scriptable command line utility for DOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux and the UEFI shell. The Desktop Management Interface Editor for Aptio enables developers to modify strings associated with platform SMBIOS tables System, Base Board, Chassis, OEM string, etc. In manufacturing, use DMIEdit to embed platform serial numbers, UUID and license keys into the SMBIOS table, which identifies platforms to management software. Supported Products Aptio VAptio 4. Driver Details. For more downloads. DOSbootable USB flash drive. Dell Update Package Instructions for PET110IIBIOSWIN1. Hello, I am currently using an insydeh20 BIOS and know that I must set something from SATA to IDE to install windows xp. I am looking for some steps on how to flash. Insydeflash Windows Bios Flash Utility Download. Basic InputOutput System. Insyde. H2. 0 Setup Utility screen. Insydeh20 Setup Utility' />Intel One Boot Flash Update utility. Microsoft Dynamics Ax Training Hyderabad on this page. Firmware Update Configuration Utilities for WindowsLinuxWinPEUEFI. BIOS, Firmware Update Configuration Utilities. Download Insyde Bios ToolsList of AMI offerings for BIOS and UEFI Utilities for. 24 Season 8 Prequel Download Adobe. BIOS UEFI Utilities. AMIUCP is a utility that is used to preconfigure the Aptio Flash Utility.