EndNote is a citation management tool. The University Libraries provide access to EndNote for all Rutgers affiliated students, faculty, and staff.
To download EndNote, please choose any of the following versions:
Feb 19, 2021 Download EndNote. Enter your JCU login and password on the LDAP authentication page. Follow the prompts to download the program. Come into the library to borrow a USB drive with the program on it from the program from the Library Services Desk. The Software Portal is intended for use by current students and employees at Ontario Tech University, for downloading and installing software onto your primary laptop/tablet. Use of this site is governed by the Ontario Tech Software Use Agreement. UQ students and staff can access EndNote 20 on Library computers or install EndNote 20 on a personal device or UQ computer. For your personal device Before you download EndNote or update to a new version, do the following. Feb 18, 2021 When you are off campus you’ll need to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to download the software. More information is available at the ICT knowledge base. Note: If you get the message 'Permission Denied: This resource is accessible from approved sections of Sydnet only', reset your browser cookies and history, ensure VPN is active and then download again. A free EndNote basic account can be created from within EndNote or Web of Science, or at MyEndNoteWeb.com. EndNote for iPad app is free for download from the Apple Store to all EndNote users. The app allows users to find, store, create, and share references anywhere and anytime.
EndNote X9 for Windows (Step-by-step instructions for installation on Windows Video Tutorial, (3:12) )
Note: As a Rutgers user, you should not be asked to enter a product key to install the EndNote desktop program. After downloading the EndNote zip file, you unzip it and place the extracted files in a SEPARATE folder. Then clicking the installer should allow you to install the program on a Windows computer.
EndNote X9.3.1 for Mac
Note: The EndNote X9.3.1 update is compatible with Mac 32 bit, as well as the new Catalina 64 bit only environment. Any current operating system that supports EndNote X9.2 will also support X9.3.1. (Step-by-step instructions for installation on Mac Video Tutorial (3:02) )
To ensure successful download of EndNote, please make sure that:
- You have permission to download any new program onto your office computer/laptop. If you don't have it, please contact your local IT people for help.
- When installing EndNote for Windows, you save the zipped file and then unzip it (extracting all).
- If you are a distance learner and are having difficulty downloading EndNote, please call: 973-972-4358 in Newark, or 732-235-7604 in New Brunswick for further instructions.
EndNote has three platforms: EndNote desktop (often referred to as EndNote) for Windows and Mac which must be downloaded to your computer/laptop, EndNote basic (also known as EndNote online or EndNote Web), and EndNote for iPad app.
EndNote is a program that helps users collect and organize references from online or other sources, create a searchable personal database of references, find fulltext articles, manage and annotate PDF files, cite references while writing a paper, create bibliographies formatted in a preferred style, and more.
EndNote basic is a web-based version of EndNote designed to work in the cloud. Users who work from multiple computers, or need to work collaboratively may find EndNote basic very useful. EndNote and EndNote basic are designed to work in concert although each can be used independently. By using EndNote basic users can synchronize their libraries with EndNote desktop providing a secure backup and the ability to work on projects from any computer with an internet connection. Users can also share their libraries with colleagues or fellow students. A free EndNote basic account can be created from within EndNote or Web of Science, or at MyEndNoteWeb.com.
EndNote for iPad app is free for download from the Apple Store to all EndNote users. The app allows users to find, store, create, and share references anywhere and anytime. It also enables PDF annotations directly within the app.
Users can synchronize their EndNote library across desktop, iPad and online platforms.
For news, tips, and answers to commonly asked questions about EndNote, please check our EndNote Blog.
For a quick and brief training on EndNote, please visit: EndNote Tutorials , or EndNote Video Tutorials by Clarivate Analytics , or contact your campus librarians.
If you need additional information or troubleshooting assistance, or if you would like to arrange a training session, contact your campus librarians by emailing to [email protected]
For RBHS users, you may contact:
- RBHS in New Brunswick, Yingting Zhang, [email protected] (732-235-7604)
- RBHS in Newark, Stephen Modica, [email protected] (973-972-4358)
EndNote is a sophisticated referencing manager. Use EndNote to:
- Manage information about resources you have found
- Create a list of references from your searches
- Insert citations into a document
- Produce a bibliography or reference list in any style within your document
The Library offers an academic licence, support and training for EndNote for UQ students and staff.
UQ students and staff can access EndNote 20 on Library computers or install EndNote 20 on a personal device or UQ computer.
For your personal device
Before you download EndNote or update to a new version, do the following:
- Check compatibility and system requirements for your computer on the EndNote site.
- Back up existing EndNote library files and any customised content (e.g. output styles and import filters), close all programs related to EndNote and uninstall previous versions.
- Check the current issues (at the end of this section).
Do NOT download directly from the EndNote site.
Contact or visit us for help installing EndNote.
EndNote 20 is installed and available on Library computers.
Other UQ computers
Self-installing software on UQ computers explains how to install EndNote on a UQ computer.
Update your EndNote
To check that your EndNote software is updated to the latest version on:
/ion-video-2-pc-mkii-software-for-mac-download-4690/. Printers.Functional and stylish home photo printers and all-in-ones delivering quality results.Get productive with a range of small office printers that are your ideal companions.Enjoy high quality performance, low cost prints and ultimate convenience with the PIXMA G series of refillable ink tank printers.Take complete creative control of your images with PIXMA and imagePROGRAF PRO professional photo printers.Use Canon consumables to ensure optimum performance and superb quality with every print.
- Click on Help
- Click on Check for Updates
- Click on the EndNote program menu
- Check for Check for Updates
- M1 Macs with Office 365 version v16.46 is NOT compatible with the current EndNote CWYW version due to issues with ARM X64 archictecture. You can contact AskUs to downgrade your MS office version to be compatible with EndNote. Note: EndNote will work for users with x86 Intel Macs updated to Office 365 v16.46.
- When installing EndNote on macOS Mojave and later versions, you may need to perform this additional step.
- If you have trouble importing references from Google Scholar or any other database, and the journal name is being misplaced, try this suggestion.
- If a trial version of the EndNote software becomes installed, and you are asked for the product code, uninstall and reinstall.
Instructions for using:
Compare the features of EndNote 20 and X9.
- EndNote 20 is available for download via UQ and on computers in the Library.
- EndNote X9 is the previous version that some may still be using.
Endnote Free Download For Students 2016
EndNote training and support
Book into an EndNote training class.
Contact AskUs for help with EndNote issues.
EndNote (Clarivate) help and information
Other reference management software
There are other software management tools not offered under licence at UQ. Access the guides for:
- Mendeley (free version)
See EndNote, Zotero and Mendeley, by Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries, to compare EndNote to other types of referencing software.
Quick free online tools
- A Library Search record will create a citation in major referencing styles that you can copy.
- ZoteroBib is a free service that helps you build a bibliography instantly from any computer or device, without creating an account or installing any software.
Endnote Free Download For Students
- EndNote referencing software