Chicken Mushroom Cream Pasta with Mange Tout by Senor Pablo
2 large skinless chicken breast – cut into strips
1 large onion – finely chopped
4 clove garlic – finely chopped
2 medium sized fresh tomatoes – chopped
200 gm fresh button mushroom – sliced
100 gm Mange Tout ( sugar peas) – deboned. You can substitute this with Asparagus or Brocolli
1 cube vegetable stock – dissolved in 4 Tbs water
150 ml thickened cream
100 gm grated cheese
salt n pepper to taste
1 Tbs Parsley flakes
500 gm of pasta of your choice. I used vermicelli.
1. Boil pasta in a pot according to the instruction on the packet or al dente- which ever you prefer. Set aside in a colander.
2. Pour 3 Tsp of olive oil into a pan and sautee onion and garlic.
3. Add in the chicken strips and brown them.
4. Add in the tomatoes, parsley, pepper and vegetable stock and stir.
5. Simmer the chicken /covered for 8 mins and check if the chicken is cooked.
6. Add in the mange tout and mushroom and stir.
7. Add in the cream and grated cheese and stir. Salt to taste.
8. Put pasta into bowl/plate and pour the sauce over the pasta.
Serves 6 people. Bon Apetit!
Option 1 : You can add in half glass of sparkling non-alcoholic sparkling white grape juice, to add some kick to it.
Option 2: The cream sauce is abit runny and not thick for the simple reason- the liquid will be soaked by the pasta. If you like a thicker sauce, cover the chicken strips with flour before frying them. It will give a thicker sauce.